Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeMoviesApplicationLatest imagesSmoots Application raider position 06_nogroupsSearchRegisterLog inGallery

Smoots Application raider position

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoot

Smoots Application raider position Empty
PostSubject: Smoots Application raider position   Smoots Application raider position Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Character name: Smoot
Race: Undead
Class: Warlock
Armoury Link:

---------- Playing Info ----------
How many times a week do you play: 6-7

How long do you generally play for on average per day: 4hrs ++

How long have you played World of Warcraft for: since feburary 2009

What is your played timed for your character: 40 days

---------- General Info ----------
How old are you: 18

How did you hear about Heretic: Through a friend from my previous guild who i raided 10 ulduar with and many other raids (Lakinorah)

Is there anyone in Heretic that can vouch for you: Lakinorah

List ALL guilds on this server you have been in and why you left, as well as if your current guild knows you’re leaving or not:
Underbelly - was only in it as a place to have fun and be casual while i took a break from raiding and looked for a new raiding guild
Brute Faction (current) - I dont even know why im in this guild, yes they will know ill be leaving
Legion of Fallen Angels - Progressed as far as 25uld in this guild, left because of a sudden and unfair change to the loot system
Primal Instincts - Levelled in this guild made alot of friends who i still raid with today, we became a small raiding guild at one point as we all hit lvl 80. Guild disbanded due to the need for members to progress further and members who werent very guild not allowing further progression.

Have you read and agreed to the rules that apply to you as either a raider or a casual member? If so, summarise them up for us: yes i have, i completely agree with all your philosophies. I agree on that content not gear is the goal at hand. Being social and making friends. And everything else stated. I believe in playing my character to the best I can, but i am always open to advice and looking to improve.

Do you plan on raiding (effort, attendance, stats requirements, etc) or being a casual member (part of big family but not a raider)? Keep in mind that if you change idea and want to be a raider you will have to apply again as a raider and your skills will be tested before accepting you: I do want to be a raider, i will be able to attend most raids according to the times that i have seen on the forums in this website.

Tell us something about yourself as a person, the more the merrier:
I am a very charasmatic individual, i like to stand out, but in a good way. Some things i say may horrify or disturb you, but hey - i am an undead warlock and my choice for this character reflected my morbid personality IRL. I never go out of my way to offend anyone, and will always take a passive stance in an argument or debate as to avoid personal blame for whatever the outcome. I enjoy making friends in this game alot, and know alot of players in this game on a first name basis, i have even met a few outside of wow.

---------- Raiding Info ----------
If you wish to be a raider with Heretic, please continue.

Heretic has three different time-zones in which we raid in which progress at different rates. We expect you to choose one time-zone and stick with that raid group unless it’s absolutely crucial you switch. All times stated are in compliance with the server times. Which time-zone suits you the best and why?
6:30AM (Euro’s)
12:15PM (U.S.)
8:30PM (Oceania) - this suits me best, as i am in this time zone and i prefer to raid at nights/afternoons.

We want all raiders to have duel specialization and be knowledgeable on both the specializations you use. You will be required to pick a specialization as your main specialization and the other will be known as your “Off spec”.
The guild may have too many of one of your chosen specializations and may require you to change for the good of the guild. Would you comply:
What will you choose as your main specialization and why:Destruction - this is the spec i use for dps in raids and heroics etc. I know the talents/debuffs/buffs/CDs/etc of this spec quite well as i have used it since about lvl 75 and have respecced it about a dozen or 2 times since then to remove talents i found useless or add ones that became apparent were crucial.

What will you choose as your off specialization and why: Affliction/Demo - this is my solo play/pvp spec. In this spec i have managed to solo raids such as onyxias lair and Zul Gurub. I am an avid pvper also but it is something i do on my own and in no relation to guilds.

THESE ARE OUR ALT RULES

Heretic uses Ventrilo for voice communication during raids. Ventrilo is crucial as a raider. Do you currently have Ventrilo installed with a working microphone, as well as knowing some basic options such as turning the inbound of a person up/down: yes i have vent, a working mike, and understand all those functions.

Please indicate your current level of end-game experience you have done with the character you’re applying to the guild with: i have full cleared naxx, OS 10/25 +1 drake, uld 10 first 6 bosses including optional ones, VoA 10/25 including new boss and ony 25

What glyphs do you use and why did you choose those ones out of the many others:
Glyph of Immolate - because the damage of conflagration is directly affected by immolate i found this essentially. It increases the overall damage of immolate which increases my dps, the increased damage of immolate translates into increased damage by conflagration which is another increase in my dps. I felt i was killing 2 birds with 1 stone with this 1.
Glyph of Conflagrate - essential so i dont have to reapply immolate after each conflagrate.
Glyph of life tap - killing myself for mana is something i like to do, especially in long fights, so since this suicidal ritual is a necesisity in a raid environment i though a bonus 20% of spirit converted into SP would help buff up my damage output

Please provide a recent Wow Web Stat link: i dont actually know what that is.. im sorry

Please provide a screenshot of your user-interface in an raid environment: i cannot as i dont know how to put a picture into this :/ hope this doesnt hurt my chances haha.
but i use:
-DBM
-Recount
-Necrosis
-Warlock Reminder
-everything else is standard including unit frames

What resources do you use tor research boss fights:
before i go into an encounter i do not know i read up on the fights on wow wiki, i read up on the bosses attacks, what each role must play in the fight, tactics for fighting it, and at least one video of a successful down on the mode i am about to attempt it on
How well do you think you know your class’s mechanics? Also, tell us something that you think is special to your class and why it’s special:i believe i know my classes mechanics quite well, in any spec. I like to read up and learn new things about it, and am always open to new advice. I think my class is unique for it being more"black" then others, shadow and fire damage, the idea of causing as much pain to an enemy as possible. Things i find fun with my class are instant mega crits with conflag Very Happy watching an opponent die from my dots even after they have killed me, and throwing the infernal on unsuspecting victims Razz. In a raid environment i also like the flexibility my different pets provide me.

What do you think it means to be in a casual guild, for yourself and other members of the guild:
i believe it means no one is too pressured to attend every raid, that everyone should get along and be sociable. it means playing casually for the overall purpose of playing this game for fun Very Happy

Tell us one of your favourite jokes and/or draw us a picture with Paint:
example:
3 blondes walk into a bar, you'd of thought at least one would have seen it.
i love blonde jokes, they are so lame but i always laugh

Possibly one of the most important questions, what is your favourite flavour Jellybean and why!?
REDDDDD because its just better Razz

Thanks for applying for Heretic and we’ll get back to you within forty-eight hours. Good luck!
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Smoots Application raider position   Smoots Application raider position Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi there, thanks for the application. I'm one of the raid leaders of the 8:15 raid.

You seem to know quite a bit about your class, which is good.
However, I had a look at your armoury page and saw most of your gear comes from Naxx 10. I have no problem with you join us with raids, but you'll have to get a few more pieces of better gear before you would be able to come with us. But skill > gear, so I'd like to run a few heroics with you just to see how you perform, if that's ok with you.
Back to top Go down
Lowflyer1
Dark Council
Lowflyer1

Male
Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Smoots Application raider position   Smoots Application raider position Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:16 pm

What are your thoughts on Crit vs Haste? I see that you have a lot of crit while it does itemize well, to quote from an EJ thread "haste is however a better stat than crit because you don't need as much rating per percent compared to crit and crit % can be very high in a raid situation with various buffs".
Back to top Go down
Sayyadinaudie
Guild Master
Sayyadinaudie

Female
Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Smoots Application raider position   Smoots Application raider position Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:52 am

One more question, looking at your app, you tend to lean towards 25-man content. Did lak give you a head's up that we're more ten-man oriented?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoots Application raider position   Smoots Application raider position Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoots Application raider position
Page 1 of 1