Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeMoviesApplicationLatest imagesApplication 06_nogroupsSearchRegisterLog inGallery

Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gannic (

Application Empty
PostSubject: Application   Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 pm

sorry to post like this, but app generator wouldn't let me add my armory link, so that comes first.

Character Info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character name: Gannic
Race: forsaken
Class: warlock
Armory Link:

General Info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you hear about Heretic: forum
Voucher: Have probably been in raid with some of your crew before, but no one comes to mind.
Guild History: I have been with the Roaming Storm Syndicate for well over a year and have other 80s which are still with and will stay in the guild. Love the folks there, but their raid times do not match my schedule right now, so looking to move a toon to a guild I can actively raid with. My GM knows that I am interested in finding a group I can raid with regularly. Feel free to consult with him as he is easily found through the armory. Before RSS, I was a member of Masquerade of Darkness during TBC, also for over a year. Great guild, but after the new expansion, there was not much activity, and I was actively pugging with members of RSS, so I switched over. There was no animosity. Those were great people too. Just found a group that was online at the same time more.
Rules Agreements: As per your question, it is my job as a raider to arrive prepared for raids (gear enchanted/flasked/repaired (lol)) and to understand the fights that we are tackling that day. Also, to be an active member and make an effort to get to know the other members of the team. Talk in vent, make friends, have a good time. (something I strongly agree with) Though I feel if you do those things that is pretty much it, also to not disrespect other members of the group. Be respectful. Also not to be a loot whore. But personally I don't really care about loot. I play for fun, not gear.
About you: Will be happy to get to know people over vent and not shy about sharing details. I am a pretty open guy. But for app purposes, I am pretty laidback, I like hiking and having a few drinks with mates.

Raid Info

Raid Time-Zone: au
Main specialization: Destro (pve)
Off specialization: Destro (pvp)
Do you Vent?: yes
End-game experience: I have not had too many chances to raid during this expansion. I have of course done VOA 10/25, most of TOC 10/25 (still no anub 25, though I have done it on other characters). Have gotten through Marrowgar in ICC on multiple toons, but really this is why I am applying to a raiding guild. I want to see more of the content. Also Ony 10/25. Some of Ulduar with a couple of hardmodes done. In TBC, I went through Kara numerous times. Had the chance to down Gruul a couple times. I have solo'd heaps of vanilla stuff at 80, but doesn't really count I guess.
Glyphs: Conflagrate--it doesn't take away my immolate dot. Incinerate--lots of fire spell fillers while dpsing destro. Life Tap--something I have to do anyway and the spell power buff is great.
Do you stand in fire?: Hahaha! I love this question. As much as I like standing in fire when it is appropriate, I generally try to avoid raid wiping activities. Though at times, it is a useful skill. But in short, no.
Mods/addons do you use in raids: Omen. DBM. Recount (though I am placing less importance on this one nowadays) I want to know my dps, but a successful raid is more important than personal dps. Different fights yield different results.
Research boss fights: First and foremost, Magic 8 Ball during the fight. Before the fight, though, I look at world of raids, wow wiki, ej, the wow forums at times, and just general google searches if I don't find the information I want. Also youtube for videos when I just don't understand what is going on from what I have read.
Fight Rotations: There is no standard rotation, but a priority system (you already know that Smile) I keep up life tap for the spell power bonus. Keep up immolate for the other obvious benefits. I generally go chaos bolt before conflagrate after immolate hits to get the cast off faster. After that, of course there are heaps of incinerates. But the priorities remain. Just stick with those and cast what is appropriate. Depending on raid composition and the fight, refresh/apply curses as necessary.
What it means to be in a casual guild: WOW is a game. As to the purpose of being a successful raid guild, I suppose bringing your A game when the raid is going is important. Also, being objective when we are not downing bosses and either working together to find solutions, or working on better executing leader instructions to make sure that it happens. From a social standpoint, having fun. We are playing a game. Enjoying spending free time with other people who are trying to do the same thing is key. Building relationships is cool, and if people enjoy each others' company, it is a good way to hang out and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Gannic

Application Empty
PostSubject: hahaha. sorry about armory link   Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 pm

couldn't seem to get it to post.

trying again.

thanks for reading my application.
Back to top Go down
Gannic

Application Empty
PostSubject: no idea   Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:28 pm

sorry. i link and it doesn't show up in the post.

sorry for the inconvenience, but please armory me. not sure why it isn't showing up.
Back to top Go down
Tukk
Admin
Tukk

Male
Number of posts : 912
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi mate, well written app!

Happymoomoo is our beloved Aussie Raid Leader and he will tell you more, for now thx for posting and you'll hear us soon!

About the link, the problem lies on the forum mechanic. Because u'r not yet a member you cannot post links!
So it's normal that it doesn't show. Something that damm Tukk, that wrote that app should solve... damm it's me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefanodegiacometti.com
Gannic

Application Empty
PostSubject: cheers   Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Tukk!

I thought I was just stupid (which happens at times).

Look forward to hearing back from you all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Hiya Gannic!
As Tukk said, thanks for the well written app.

Everything looks well gemmed and enchanted which is always a plus. Just one question, you say that your schedual doesn't permit with your current guild's raiding times. Would it change in the near future so that you wouldn't be able to raid with ours?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gannic

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi Happy!

Thanks for the reply.

My schedule is pretty well fixed with work and has been for a long time. It shouldn't change anytime soon.

Maybe I can catch up with you later in game. Still at work right now actually.

Thanks for the reply.

Take it easy Smile
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Alrighty, sounds good to me.

Since we need to recruit about three more people before we can start our raid, if you can wait until we get those people, I'm happy to welcome you to the guild. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gannic

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks Happy. Smile

Looking forward to running with you all. Just to add, since you are finding a couple more at the moment, I also have 80 tank and healer. Gannic is the best geared of the bunch, but the others are not terribly far off.

You can check out Kannako (DK tank) and Mahler (Holy Pally). If one of those roles is needed more for the raid, they are also available.

Catch ya later.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Very interesting. We won't need your healer since we already have a pally healer, but your DK would be a very helpful addition to the team. The gear isn't TOO bad, but could obviously have better. But it's up to you, if you don't want to spend time on your DK, I'm happy with your lock. Smile Let me know.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gannic

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm

I like playing the DK a lot, and I do not mind tanking one bit. I would be happy to work on the gear if another tank is needed. I can definitely focus on getting her some more gear to be raid ready. I have done Marrowgar on that toon. But I know my gear is not main tank level yet.

Just let me know. I am cool with whatever Smile
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:17 am

We've just recruited a prot warrior for a trial period, so I guess we'll have your lock. Razz

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Application closed due to no reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application
Page 1 of 1