Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeMoviesApplicationLatest imagesLiriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. 06_nogroupsSearchRegisterLog inGallery

Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liri

Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Empty
PostSubject: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 am

Character Info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character name: Liriael
Race: tauren
Class: shaman
Armory Link: wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Liriael

General Info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you hear about Heretic: forum
Voucher: Oh gods. I think I've run with Happy before.
Guild History: *attempts to engage brain* I'll cover the last four or so, shall I? - this was when I started raiding in 10 man only guilds. I left due to intense disagreements about the nature of the guild (we were heading towards 25 mans when we had no biz doing so). Guild fell apart in my wake. / - this was the 10 man guild I ran for several months. We began as Team Rocket and faction changed together to become Team Galactic. Guild fell apart due to my two month absence, due to RL circumstances that are no longer an issue. - fell apart with the GM leaving. Not exactly the nicest people around, either. Right now I'm camping the shell of , so I doubt there will be any objections to me leaving. Wink
Rules Agreements: I hope this is referring to your "Rules of Engagement". To sum up: Be smart, be tolerant, be patient, and don't be a jerk. I hope that isn't too brief. Razz
About you: Er. Let's see. I'm 17, almost 18. I live in Canberra, Australia, which is such a dull city WoW is possibly the only form of entertainment. I like achievements. I LOVE Burning Crusade content. I'm fairly thick-skinned and have a sense of humour.

Raid Info

Raid Time-Zone: au
Main specialization: Restoration
Off specialization: PvP Restoration (but I can spec Elemental, I have the gear to support it).
Do you Vent?: yes
End-game experience: I'm going to list Burning Crusade raiding too because I value it above WotLK raiding. BURNING CRUSADE Kara - Clear. ZA - Clear. Gruul's Lair - Clear Magtheridon - Clear Serpentshrine Cavern - Clear Pre-Nerf Tempest Keep - 3/4 Pre-Nerf, Clear Post-Nerf Mount Hyjal - 4/5 Pre Nerf, Clear Post-Nerf Black Temple - Clear Post Nerf Sunwell - First Boss Cleared Post-Nerf Lich King Raiding All T7 content cleared on 10 and 25 - 3 drake Sarth on 10. T8 - full clear of Ulduar 10, hardmodes include everything but Yogg and Flame Leviatian for some reason. T9 cleared on 10/25 normal mode. ICC - first four bosses and Festergut cleared.
Glyphs: Glyph of Water Mastery - The passive mana increase is quite substantial, and I don't like going oom. Glyph of Earth Shield - a must-have for any 10-man raiding shaman worth their salt. The healing from earth shield is incredibly useful. Glyph of Chain Heal - this glyph is the one I may have some slight trouble justifying. The norm is for shaman to use Glyph of LHW in order to pump out more healing on the tanks in a 10 man raid - however, I have found there are several fights in ToC and ICC which allow you to make good use of raid stacking (Valks, Marrowgar) and as such I prefer this glyph over a single-target glyph. I like to be versatile. Smile
Do you stand in fire?: No.
Mods/addons do you use in raids: I heal using Clique and Xperl. I have been told Vuhdo is superior, but I'm comfortable with my healing setup. I also use Bigwigs so I know when something is about to do something nasty. That's all the mods I use - my UI is quite lightweight.
Research boss fights: Word of mouth, often - I tend to know a lot of people who do a LOT of raiding, and I hear about how things work from them. Of course, there are strats and videos all over the place, Tankspot in particular is one of my favourite resources as I find the voice-overs to be very easy to understand. Wowwiki, wowhead, all those sorts of places.
Fight Rotations: Insofar as 'rotation' goes, it is quite dependant on the fight. 1) Earth Shield 2) Totems 3) Riptide 4) IF ON TANK HEALING - LHW IF ON RAID - CH ad nauseum, coupled with riptides. I use a hasted Healing Wave if I know the tank is about to take severe damage, I use Nature's Swiftness primarily right after the boss has done something nasty (first example that springs to mind is Gluth's Decimate) and I use Mana Tide at about 60% mana, and a mana potion at about 30%. That's about all I can put into words, obviously this is all incredibly fight-dependant.
What it means to be in a casual guild: It's all about being a team. I'm after a new environment - Team Galactic had a very close-knit family feel, something that Situational Awareness lacked, and something that I feel it is very important for a guild to possess. It's about relying on one another and being confident that you can get the job done. And enjoying each other's company wouldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
Liri

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:23 am

Reading back over this, putting the guilds I listed in tags was probably a mistake, as the system seems to have gobbled them up. I'll try and fix that.
Back to top Go down
Liri

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:25 am

Alright, it doesn't seem to have an edit button, so the guilds (which should be inserted every place there is a dash) were Attorney at Law, Team Rocket / Team Galactic, and Situational Awareness respectively. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks for your well written application. Quite a résumé you've got there. Wink

The Aussie team needs a shammy healer and you seem to know what you're doing - which is great.

Only request I would make is for you to log out in your PVE gear so I can check it's gemmed/enchanted correctly, which I'm sure it is.

However, I'm going to have to deduct points for not having added a witty response to whether you stand in fire or not.
I'll get back to you soon.

Cheers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tukk
Admin
Tukk

Male
Number of posts : 912
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi there,

first, well written app, appreciate that.

Now a couple of points, but consider that as long as the job is done well, the different setup you choose could be good too.
And cause u'r armory show the pvp gear I'll guess.

Glyphs: Glyph of Water Mastery provides an extra 30 mp5. That's not that much and prob LHW will be better because in ten mans you will need to drop a couple of fast heal on the tank and glyphed LHW really help.

Gems: Shammy are all haste. No red cardinal ruby at our gear level. Reckless ametrine will be better for red slot. Quick king amber all the others (except u'r meta needs). The meta you are using is awesome. But if you like try [Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond] . No blue gem required to activate it (free 2 quick amber slot) and it is really good on the output because we crit a lot. But depend on u'r mana. Try to see if you can use and still have mana for the fight. I use it and usually finish a boss fight with mana (using mana tide, but no pot).

For the rest I'll wait to see full pve gear.

Cheer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefanodegiacometti.com
Liri.

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 pm

I'll address those as best I can.

First off, Glyph of Water Mastery was my preferred choice because I am used to running with EXCEPTIONALLY poor DPS, and I'll scrabble for whatever mana I can force out of my poor cow in order to compensate for the length of the fight. Of course, if your guild proves to pump out the numbers, I could consider changing that.

I suppose the only problem I have with your statement would be "at our gear level". I have a well-maintained set of gear, but most of it is around the ilevel 232/245 mark. Thus, I'm not actually benefiting from the wonderful stats available from Icecrown (Ice-Reinforced Vrykul Helm, the crafted legs, and so on being stuff I have my eye on).
As such I'm uncomfortable stacking haste as I believe I'm going into balanced content with slightly imbalanced gear - and I believe I've already mentioned my paranoia of going oom. To counteract this, my gemming is slightly all over the place, but rest assured I am well aware of the value of pure haste and will be gemming it in the future just as soon as the ICC pieces begin to drop.
As for that meta-gem, I've investigated it and the amount of mana returned from the Insightful seems to be preferable, but I may experiment with it more fully on your recommendation.

On another note, Armory is now displaying correctly. Feast your eyes. ._.
Er, that is - almost correctly - I am wearing the Soulcleave Pendant from Saurfang 10 with a 20 haste gem in my neckslot.
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:37 am

Accepted. We'll get in touch with you or you can whisper me for an invite.
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Ok, I'm having trouble seeing you in game. Whisper Frill or Vanthrop for the invite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.   Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liriael - Restoration Shaman Applicant.
Page 1 of 1