Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeMoviesApplicationLatest imagesGoro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) 06_nogroupsSearchRegisterLog inGallery

Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goro

Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Empty
PostSubject: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:41 am

Character Info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character name: Goro
Race: Orc
Class: Deathknight
Armory Link: wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Goro

General Info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you hear about Heretic: forum
Voucher: Not that I am aware of
Guild History: Currently unguilded. Was in Awakén previously, left when work schedule changed and it became increasingly difficult to make raid times. This character was an alt at that time, my main raiding character was a Warlock (wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Lazaros). Prior to that I was in a guild called Wicked Ways on the Alliance side. Wicked Ways disbanded when the guild leader had to quit WoW to focus on real life commitments. Pre-WotLK I was in another Alliance guild called Rags to Riches. I left that guild when daylight savings time changes meant I was no longer to make their raid times.
Rules Agreements: Yes, I have read them. The rules encourage members to be friendly, helpful, social, and above all respectful of their fellow members. Further, as members, we are required to stay up to date on changes to our class as well as current and new raiding content (bosses and trash). When raiding it is important to follow the directions of the raid leader and to try to see the big picture when it comes to loot, keeping in mind that minor upgrades for us might be significant upgrades for others. Finally, harassment in any form is not tolerated.
About you: I live in Tokyo, Japan. I've been playing WoW for about three years now. When I am not logged on I enjoy sleeping. I have leveled 9 characters to 80, one of each class, except for a Priest which is currently 75 (I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing).

Raid Info

Raid Time-Zone: au

Main specialization: Unholy DPS

Off specialization: Frost DPS

Do you Vent?: yes

End-game experience: As this has never been a main raiding character his experience is somewhat limited. In ICC he has done 10/12 (normal). On my Warlock I have done 12/12 ICC10 and ICC25 and 9/12 ICC10HM and ICC25HM.

Glyphs: Currently I use Death and Decay, Icy Touch, and Disease. These are more AOE oriented glyphs that suit running heroics (which is what I mostly do with this character at the moment). If I were to start actively raiding I would carry a supply of Dark Death and Ghoul glyphs to swap in for boss encounters, keeping Icy Touch for both trash and bosses. I chose these glyph options based on information from Elitist Jerks.

Do you stand in fire?: No, I do my best to avoid this.

Mods/addons do you use in raids: In addition to raid oriented mods like DBM and Deus Vox encounters I use Omen (threat), Macaroon (hot bar replacement), Shadow Unit Frames (for self, target, pet, focus, target of target), Grid (for raid members), ForteExorcist (for cooldowns in general), TellMeWhen (for specific cooldowns and timers), and PowerAuras (for proc notification with an audio as well as visual component).

Research boss fights: Normally I look on YouTube for TankSpot videos. I have found that they are generally of the highest quality. I also check the information available at WowHead and WowWiki.

Fight Rotations:
Single Target: PS – IT – BS – SS – BS – DC – HoW SS – BS – SS – BS – DC – DC– (DC)
Multi-Target: IT – PS – Pestilence – DnD – DC – HoW SS – BS – BB – SS – DC – DC SS – Pestilence – DnD – DC – HoW

What it means to be in a casual guild:
I think that being in a casual raiding guild means:
- we don't have an obligation to commit to every raid
- we have a responsibility to attend when we say we will
- we must be patient with others who are complying with the above, even if that means that, from time to time, raids do not go off as scheduled due to a lack of available members.
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:11 am

Hey there, thanks for your application.

I'm very tempted to accept you purely on the basis of having the ability to fit more than 3 words in a sentence.

Just a few things: How consistent are you in terms of being able to make our raid times, assuming nothing un-expected comes up?
Your gear is on the little low side, but that shouldn't be a problem if you are able to play your class correctly - which I believe you do, but e are currently extending the raid lockout at the Lich King, so it may be sometime before you get some gear.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. I'll get back to you with the verdict soon.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Goro

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

As far as raid attendance goes, barring unforseen catastrophe I will be able to make 100%.

Getting gear is not really an issue (for me), so long as you are satisfied with what I'm able to do with what I have. Happy to help finish off LK if that's what the guild's focus is.

Goro
Back to top Go down
Yenni

Yenni

Female
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Yenni likes
Back to top Go down
Yubbins

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Whats your problem.

With people only .

Putting 3 words in.

A sentence moomoo.. pirat
Back to top Go down
Happymoomoo

Male
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Application accepted. Welcome to the guild. Smile

Whisper Frill, Vanthrop or myself for an invite.
Back to top Go down
Shindaso

Shindaso

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Welcome ....where in tokyo are you? I live there as well!!
Back to top Go down
Goro

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Great news!

I seem to be having trouble catching anyone online though. I'll keep trying!

I'm in Adachi ward. How about you?

Goro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)   Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goro - Deathknight (Unholy DPS)
Page 1 of 1